Wednesday, January 23, 2013

D'Anjou Pear & Pesto Pizza

As I sit at the kitchen table writing cover letters, looking out on the cold, gray, rainy day I decide it's time to spice up my afternoon and make... pizza! A quick jaunt down to Bi-Rite for dough and this pizza is already halfway done.

Basil is back on the shelves at the store so the pesto pizza options are endless!
I bought a couple pears earlier in the week and decided to make a sweet-meets-savory pizza for myself and my roommates - depending on how generous I want to be. This simple pizza will have you and your lunch mates/dinner guests/fellow Super Bowl viewers watering at the mouth.


D'Anjou Pear & Pesto Pizza

Ingredients
Pre-made pizza dough, I used whole wheat dough from Bi-Rite
Pesto, my homemade recipe is here
1 D'Anjou pear, thinly sliced
Monterey Jack cheese, grated

Directions
**Follow directions according to your specific pizza dough label.  

Preheat oven to 500°F. Lightly flour your pizza stone or work surface and roll out the dough. 



Add a hefty dollop of pesto to the center of the dough and spread the sauce outwards, using the back of a spoon and working in a circular motion.


Layer the pear slices onto the pesto. This doesn't need to have any rhyme or reason to it, I just started in the middle and made a sunburst.


Next, add as much or as little cheese as your heart desires and bake for 10-12 minutes until the cheese is bubbling and golden.



And here is the finished thing!
Thin crust, flavorful pesto, sweet pear, and a little tang from the cheese... mmmmmmm


Hope you enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment