Saturday, January 12, 2013

Banana Coconut Loaf

I'm experimenting with a new flavor combo, banana & coconut.
I really like coconut so when I came across this recipe in an old cookbook of mine I knew I had to try it. It's a good thing I did because this bread is a winner. The flavors are subtle but the toasted coconut adds a great, sweet boost.


My family devoured this at breakfast. Let me know how you like it!


Banana Coconut Loaf
     from Frame-by-Frame Baking
     yields 1 large loaf 
     *I doubled the following recipe & made 2 loaves 

Ingredients
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup shredded coconut, some toasted, and extra for topping
2 eggs
2 ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tsp vanilla

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and line an 8 x 4 inch loaf pan.
In a large bowl, sift the flour and baking powder together. In a separate bowl combine the coconut and sugar. And in a third bowl beat the eggs, banana, soup cream, and vanilla together.


Stir all the ingredients together until fully incorporated. Fill loaf pan and bake for about an hour, until risen, firm, and golden.


Let cool in the pan for 15 minutes before turning out and transferring to a wire rack. Top with toasted coconut, slice, and serve.



The finished product! I'm heading back for a third slice now.

No comments:

Post a Comment