Friday, November 2, 2012

Conga Bars

Conga bars were special treats my mom made when I was growing up. She made them for school bake sales and potlucks and my sisters and I went crazy for them. What can I say, we lived the life. 
It wasn't until I made them for friends in college that I realized the rest of the world called them blondies. Conga bars just sound cooler in my opinion. 


Conga Bars
     
Ingredients
2¾ cups flour
2½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
2/3 cup butter, softened
2 cups brown sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 package, 12 oz. chocolate chips, I used chunks

Directions
Preheat oven to 350° F.
In a medium size bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
In a mixer, combine the butter and sugar. Mix until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time and then vanilla. 


Slowly add in the dry ingredients, stirring until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.



Coat a 9 x 13 inch pan with PAM, spread batter evenly in pan.

Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden and set. 


Hope you like a little Conga in your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment