Thursday, June 14, 2012

Dark Chocolate Brownies

I like my brownies small, dark, and chubby. Just how I like my men. Haha!


Dark Chocolate Brownies
     original recipe from Buns in my Oven

Ingredients
1 cup butter
¼ cups sugar
4 large eggs
¼ cups dark chocolate cocoa powder (Ghirardelli or Hershey's work great)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp vanilla extract
½ cups flour
2 cups dark chocolate chips

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish.
Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat. Once all melted stir in the sugar, stir for up to 2 minutes, do not let it boil, and remove from heat. 

In a standing mixer, combine the butter mixture, cocoa powder, eggs, salt, baking powder, and vanilla.
Using a spoon, fold in the flour and chocolate chips until just combined. Do not over stir.
Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes until a toothpick comes out mostly clean.

folding in the flour


These brownies are packed with chocolate
so cut them into smaller pieces and enjoy!


Or you can pig out like I've been know to do. 


No comments:

Post a Comment